Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

To Blog or Not to Blog

To Blog or Not to Blog, that is the question I've been pondering over the past few weeks, hence no postings.  I've been reflecting on whether the benefits outweigh the cost when it comes to blogging.  Since I'm big on balance in my life I needed to take time figure that out.  As bloggers/writers know writing on regular basis takes time, thought, energy, effort, focus and not to mention a thick skin when it comes to critical feedback of what one's heart poured out.

Some of the questions that swirled around in my head are Why should I blog?  What made me decide to start a blog?  How much time do I really want to invest in blogging?  What am I getting out of blogging?  What am I giving to others through blogging?  The list goes on and on.  I thought taking sometime to think about these questions would be good.

So what did I come up with?

A lot of random thoughts and feeling but nothing concrete.  Nada.  Zippo.

It seems I'm still sitting on the fence.

But I did learn a few things from my little hiatus.  I learned that I do love writing.   But I also learned that I can live without writing.  I'm free.  Pretty cool- it seems that the world indeed is my oyster.

And I love oysters.

So essentially I do not know if I'll continue this blog.  I may start an entirely different blog- more streamlined more specific.  I feel a tug in that direction, but I'm not entirely sure I'll commit.  I'll let you know.


I've also learned quite a few things over the past few weeks.  I learned that after my forty days of not spending money on myself or my family during Lent I didn't feel the need to run out and buy something as soon as Easter rolled around.  No I didn't.  I haven't even went shopping other than for groceries.  I haven't bought those sandals I had been ruminating about.  No- I've felt more freed from the pull of consumption.  That has been a good thing.

So as far as the life of this blog or another only the future will tell what will be.  And I can't wait to see it all unfold.

Keep moving forward
Always,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth - I've been pretty much in a computer free zone for the last while - hence the lack of input.
    The feelings you are going through, the questions you are asking yourself about blogging - this is something most of the bloggers I know have gone through (including me)

    It seems to be par for the course
    Most of us have stuck with blogging for a variety of reasons -
    I really hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would miss your blog - even though I only pop by once a week or so. i do hope you continue - and if you decide to go in another direction please tell us!

    ReplyDelete